Hemp tea has been in the spotlight for some time now. In fact, people have just rediscovered the power of thousands of years old natural remedies that can effectively help treat various health issues. Hemp tea and CBD products are big commercial hits in both Europe and the USA. It almost feels like a sort of fashion trend.
Is it actually working or is it just one huge marketing gimmick? What are the major health benefits? Find out in our article.
Hemp Tea Has a Long History and a Very Promising Future
Our ancestors were pretty smart folks. They discovered its health benefits and use it as medicine to treat many illnesses and diseases. It was also used for religious ceremonies and rituals. You are right if you think that what worked for them centuries ago does not need to work today. We have modern medicine and prescription drugs. And hemp is just a plant.
However, if you believe in modern science, scientists recently have proven its health benefits. Therefore, we are not speaking of some “resurrected which craft” from ancient times. We discuss a natural treatment that is backed up by serious research and clinical studies.
What Is It and How It Is Made?
There are different types of hemp tea depending on what part of the plant is used. The hemp tea can contain all parts of the plants: buds, flowers, seeds, stems, leaves and even the roots.
Types of hemp tea
- Young hemp tea is made of young cannabis plants and contains less CBD than mature hemp tea. Therefore, it is mainly used as a vitamin and chlorophyll supplement.
- Mature hemp tea is made of older cannabis plants (flowers and leaves). Older plants have much higher levels of cannabidiol, vitamins and chlorophyll as well. It is not psycho-active, but you can benefit from the higher level of CBD, which has many health benefits.
- Cannabis tea also known as high THC tea is made of buds of cannabis plant and has psycho-active effects. It is popular especially for relieving symptoms of autoimmune diseases, reducing pain, treating insomnia, etc. The thing is that it might not be legal to use in your location. The legality of THC is a bit tricky so better always double check if you abide by the law.
- CBD tea is in fact hemp tea but the producer adds an extra dose of CBD. This means when it is referred to hemp tea, we speak about tea with the natural amount of CBD in it. While when you purchase CBD tea, there is an extra amount of CBD added by the manufacturer.
- Cannabis root tea is usually prepared with the fresh roots of cannabis. If you use fresh roots, it needs a longer preparation as clean, dry and powder the roots. You can also purchase it ready-made in tea bags. It is used for joint problems, fever; it is a good diuretic, etc.
4 Good Reasons to Drink Hemp Tea
- Chronic pain – chemical painkillers are on the rise. However, they do not “kill” the pain, they just mask it. On top of that many have quite serious side effects. There is no wonder people who suffer from chronic pain search for natural alternatives. Hemp tea can ease the symptoms of chronic pain and it has an anti-inflammatory effect as well.
- Anxiety and depression – CBD affects the brain’s receptors for serotonin. Therefore, it is often used by people who suffer from anxiety. It also regulates mood and social behaviour. Drinking hemp tea can help patients suffering from depression as well.
- Heart diseases and lung health- hemp tea has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties. That is why it can help fight heart diseases. Drinking hemp tea is also good for people with respiratory diseases such as asthma and allergies.
- Insomnia – hemp tea can support a more restful and deeper sleep. This is supported by numerous studies that have proven it reduces REM sleep disorder and other symptoms that are linked to sleep disorders.
Hemp Tea Is Easy to Make Natural Remedy
When it comes to health benefits, this tea sure has many to mention.
Scientists point out its positive effect on people who suffer from anxiety and depression.
Based on your expectation, you can choose from several types of hemp tea.
Do you prefer traditional painkillers or natural alternatives? Do you believe it can fully substitute traditional pain relieving medicine?
- Revolutionize Your Look with Hairline Microblading: The Ultimate Solution for Natural-Looking, Fuller Hairlines - January 24, 2024
- Airport Parking Security: Keeping Your Vehicle Safe While You Travel - November 15, 2023
- What to expect during your first Nuru massage - July 27, 2023